deleteing e-Mail, quota and dovecot

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Mon Nov 7 15:05:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:46:39PM +0100, Götz Reinicke wrote:
> Now I'm getting the situation, that users exceed there quota but yet not
> the hard limit and the user isn't able to delete messages.
>
> e.g. the the soft limit is 100 MB, the hard limit is 110 MB. So there
> should be some space to delete unneeded emails.

I'm not sure how dovecot works internally, but I know UW-IMAP makes
temporary copies of the whole mailbox when the user is deleting
stuff...  If dovecot does that also (seems likely) then you'll
probably need to make the hard limit at least 2 x soft limit, to make
sure a full copy of the mailbox can be made.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/