Executables of two versions in one package

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:48:03 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:23:21PM +0000
To For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Executables of two versions in one package

> If you look into these two files(they are just scripts), they start
> the same binary.
>
> So nothing to panic about.

I had seen that but I think that in the final binary there might be a
diff set of instructions for diff ver. As 1.9 gets executed from the
applications menu by default, I was wondering if its just a simple
wrapper for old menu scripts compatibility or some diff set of
instructions in the binary itself.

Thanks!
--
vikram...
--
You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.