cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

David Abbott subvertex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:56:38 UTC 2005

Thanks for all the tips.
I'm looking forward to getting home to have another crack at it.
Please be assured that I have tried the basic:

A. Download the drivers.
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7676/NVIDIA-Linux-
x86-1.0-7676-pkg1.run
B. init 3.
C. Execute the installation script.
D. Edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Under section Device, Replace 'Driver "nv"' with 'Driver "nvidia"'
E. init 5.

Tonight I think that I will try a full:
yum update to get everything up to the latest.
Although this will send me to kernel 2.6.13
which haven't people had trouble getting the Nvidia drivers to work on?
its a 500mb install and I don't want to do it unless it is going to help.
You have given me a few more things to try so thanks and hopefully tonight I
will have some luck.
Christopher your post was rich in content and I look forward to trying your
install method as well.