Java work on FC4: Any opinions on JPackage.org yum

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Nov 9 00:13:44 UTC 2005

Hello Folks,

Seems that some java developers really like the JPackage.org
site for quicker/easier downloads of all the java support tools,
and stuff for FC2/3/4 so I wanted to ask if anyone has any
opinions on this site?

I ended up on this site because I wanted something for java
development (forgot what it was) which required me to put
the jpackage repos in the yum directory but when I wanted
to do a general yum update, apparently I ran into dependency
issues (particularly in regards to a needed jms dependency
which I was not able to resolve and so), I ended up moving the
jpackage repos out of the yum directory so that I could continue
with the latest FC4 update packages.

Kind regards,
Dan