Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 02:59:59 UTC 2005

Ok. Logged in under FC4 and doing a 511Meg yum update now.
I DO have the old fateful FC3 yum log. Can't copy it here yet (my nfs mounts
not working yet on the new fc4 upgraded server).
But one line of the log reads "installing mysql 3.x"). [Which it didn't.
Just dl'd the RPM's.]
And after that, two lines: 1. "erased mysql server". 2. "erased mysql
client".
If this ain't a bug, what is?

I think I'll get going (home) for the nite while yum does its job. By
tommorrow I hope to be able to post the exact log. (If anyone wants to see
it.)
Thanks;
-nat