sound problem

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Nov 9 19:38:25 UTC 2005

Hello All,

	I've just installed FC4 on a new machine that is dual booting with
Windows XP.  The soundcard and speakers work fine on the Windows side.
On the FC4 side, when I test the sound with the soundcard detection
program I get this:

The following audio device was detected.
Vendor: Intel
Model: Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition
Audio Controller
Module: snd-hda-intel

But when I press the button "Play test sound" I don't hear anything.
Volume control on the Gnome panel is turned all the way up as are the
other volume controls on the Alsa Mixer widget.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be most appreciated!

Jerry