mail confusion

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 02:55:08 UTC 2005

Jay Moore wrote:
>            And pardon my bitching, but why the f**k do I have to
> hack a shell script to change the startup behavior? IMHO, this is BFU.

Since you are apparently determined to make that change, you can do it
by simply editing /etc/sysconfig/sendmail and changing the "DAEMON=yes"
to "DAEMON=no" and restart the sendmail service.  Then you can start
making note of all the mail-related things that don't work any more
on your system.  There are ways to make mail work without that daemon
process, but you have to set up a couple of other things to provide
the necessary functions.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.