Linux worm crawls the web, what to do to protect our systems

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Thu Nov 10 11:41:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:12:54 +0100. Alexander Dalloz waffled thusly:

> Am Mi, den 09.11.2005 schrieb Antonio Olivares um 1:12:
>
> > Thanks a million!!! mod_security has been updated.
> >
> > [root at rio ~]# yum install mod_security
> [ ... ]
> > Installed: mod_security.i386 0:1.8.7-4.fc3
> > Complete!
> > [root at rio ~]#
>
> > Antonio
>
> Just as a side note: the new and current mod-security version 1.9 with
> some nice improvements (
> <http://www.modsecurity.org/blog/archives/2005/09/whats_new_in_mo.html>)
> will soon be available from Fedora Extras as an updated package. The
> package maintainer is working on it right now :)

The package maintainer is finished working on it (for now). :-)

The Extras build system is not playing nice at the moment so I've not been
able to update the package there, however I have rolled a new RPM package
for Fedora Core 4. The SRPM will build on other versions of FC (the spec,
conf and sources are identical in all trees I maintain)

Due to the above and the fact I'm going to be offline for a couple of days
while I move house, I've uploaded the package onto my website (which is
running this package already and hasn't died yet) at the following address:

i386: http://www.enlartenment.com/mod_security-1.9-1.fc4.i386.rpm
SRPM: http://www.enlartenment.com/mod_security-1.9-1.fc4.src.rpm

As soon as the build system behaves I'll update it in Extras proper for all
versions/arches.

> Alexander

Michael Fleming (Maintainer of mod_security in Extras)

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"