[announce] iptables + rrdtool

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Nov 10 14:39:11 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 10.11.2005 schrieb Rahul Sundaram um 8:01:
> iptgraph sf.net project wrote:

> >We would like to announce our project iptgraph. It draws network
> >throughput (using rrdtool) based on the iptables rules. We welcome any
> >comments/suggestions to our project.

> If you are interested in having this available in Fedora repositories,
> see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

> Rahul

As far as I see from the patch file itself, that tool requires 3
netfilter files in the kernel to be modified (ip_tables.h, netlink.h and
ip_tables.c) and thus is not just an additional kernel module. From that
I don't see how an Fedora Extras package should handle this, unless Dave
Jones accepts to integrate the modified netfilter code for the Fedora
Core kernel.

Alexander

Serendipity 15:33:30 up 12 days, 13:33, load average: 0.22, 0.22, 0.12