[FC4]: Sound problem, even with analog/digital output "on"

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Thu Nov 10 22:13:58 UTC 2005

Hello all,

OK. I am still trying to stream a weather radio station on my 3 servers. I
got two of them to work, thanks to the previous posts. One simply won't
work, however, and did before I went from FC 1 to FC 4.

On the latter machine, I have Alsamixer and the volume control applet up,
and I made sure that the "capture" volume was up all the way and unmuted
on each of my 3 soundcards, and then I tried each soundcard and device to
see if I could get audio into any of the 3, and out into my audio server.
No dice. I couldn't even get a peep.

I have tried every jack, every hole, on each card and using each
device...and I stil lcannot get things to work. Any ideas?