cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

David Abbott subvertex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:46:01 UTC 2005

The yum update stuff is way cool.

To be honest I am learning what is what,
initially I went through the well documented livna install methods and my
system still locked up.

# yum install kernel-module-nvidia-$(uname -r)

You of course have to enable livna in yum by doing

rpm -ivh
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/livna-release-4-0.lvn.5.4.noarch.rpm

It is difficult to resolve why it is not working when you are very new to
these methods.

Now I know a little bit more I will post to bugzilla any issues that I have.

That being said Christophers method was very straight forward and worked.
When performing this work around the general comment from my collegues was,
what do you have to do that for ..
in Gentoo you just go
emerge nvidia
I pressume that our equivelant should be
yum install nvidia