cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 11 06:53:20 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 11.11.2005, 11:16 +1030 schrieb David Abbott:

> It is difficult to resolve why it is not working when you are very new
> to these methods.

Yeah, thats a problem. But that is not going to get better when many
websites/people/mailinglists describe a task like installing the Nvidia
drivers in hundred different ways (use atrpms, use livna rpms, use livna
srpms, no, use Nvidia-Drivers that you can download directly from
Nvidia, ...).

> Now I know a little bit more I will post to bugzilla any issues that I
> have.

Thanks.

> That being said Christophers method was very straight forward and
> worked.

Sure. I'm fine what Christopher method.

> When performing this work around the general comment from my collegues
> was,
> what do you have to do that for ..
> in Gentoo you just go
> emerge nvidia
> I pressume that our equivelant should be
> yum install nvidia

This should hopefully work with yum + livna in FC5 and above (but it
will be "yum install nvidia-glx").

CU
thl