sound problem

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Fri Nov 11 12:43:08 UTC 2005

Anand Buddhdev <arb at anand.org> writes:

> I don't use Gnome, so I can't describe the precise steps. I think that
> if you right click on the little volume control applet in the top
> right-hand corner, it will give you the choice of opening the mixer.

It wasn't there, so I added one.

I actually solved the problem now, or rather found a "good enough"
workaround. The sound works fine with headphones, but not with my
speakers, but previously I didn't even think of trying the headphones since
I didn't get the speakers to work (I'm using a Dell Latitude D810 laptop
with speakers built in). And no, there is no problem with my speakers,
since they work fine in Windows XP and in Knoppix. But I don't have any
muted channels in any of the mixer programs.

But I can accept using the headphones for the time being, especially since
my main use of sound is internet radio at my workplace.

Regards
Ingemar