[FC4]: Sound problem, even with analog/digital output "on"

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Fri Nov 11 17:03:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>
>> Actually, when I plug it into the mic jack or line in, it comes in fine!
>> But before the upgrade, I plugged it into the mic jack and it would also go
>> out to the audio servers (Icecast/Darkice). Very bizarre.
>
> And although there is an entry for "Capture" in the "capture" menu, before I
> upgraded it also doubled as the microphone jack.

OK. I played around with the Alsamixer and got to learn it more. For some
reason, it had turned "capture" off! Weird. Well, if anyone is capturing
audio from a weather radio or something else, make sure "capture" is on
and that he correct input is set to capture as well.

Thanks for the help and pointing me to Alsamixer! It did the trick.

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***