Don't prompt for SSL Pass Phrase

Jon D. Slater Jon.Slater at LPBroadband.Net
Fri Nov 11 17:44:25 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Jon D. Slater wrote:
>
>> I remotely administer a machine with an SSL private certification key.
>>
>> Occasionally I need to reboot the machine remotely.
>>
>> During the boot process (at the machines location) I get:
>>
>>     Server www.blahblahblah.com:443 (RSA)
>>     Enter pass phrase:
>>
>> And it waits forever.
>>
>> Currently I've disable httpd at boot, and start the service manually,
>> through ssh after a reboot.
>>
>> Am I missing a more automated solution?
>

> See Alexander's recent post on this subject:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-November/msg01104.html
>
> Paul.

Thanks Paul,

Seems straight-forward enough, but it didn't work...

I decrypted according to the instructions, then (to test) restarted
httpd and was again prompted for a "pass-phrase".

What did I miss?  (Not that there's a lot to miss in 2 lines of
instructions.)

Jon