Fedora Core 4 Update: kernel-2.6.14-1.1637_FC4

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus200511 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Fri Nov 11 21:25:20 UTC 2005

Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> writes:
> booting with a higher resolution (ie, vga=791) may be enough
> to capture the top of the panic.
>
> As a last-resort, I don't object to digital camera pics of panics
> in bugzilla (as long as they're readable).

I just upgraded my boards bios and now the kernel fails early on in
boot, right after audio is initialized.

    More than 4GB of RAM and no IOMMU
    32bit PCI IO may malfunction.<6>PCI-DMA: Disabling IOMMU

    < boring booting stuff >

    ... storage network audioKernel panic - not syncing: PCI-DMA: High
    address but no IOMMU.

        http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/private/fedora-iommu/

Is this pilot error?  I don't see anything in the Tyan k8e boards bios
that allows me to turn the athlon64's IOMMU on or off.

-wolfgang