PATA Promise with 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4

Francisco Miguel fbiete at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:52:32 UTC 2005

Hi

I just updated the kernel from 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4 to 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4 (i686
both). Rebooted and i had lost 2 hard disk connected to the PATA Promise
controller. Rebooted back with the 2.6.13 and the disk were again detected.

I dmesg the 2.6.14 and it detected the the 2 IDE channels, the 2 VIA SATA and
the 2 PROMISE SATA, but nothing about the 2 Promise PATA.

Any ideas???

My motherboard is a Asus K8V SE Deluxe and I really need the promise PATA
since these disk are part of a logical volume :((

Thanks in advance...

ZenDark