Livna Usability Assessment (Was: Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness)

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Sat Nov 12 23:49:11 UTC 2005

Christopher A. Williams kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika
lauantai, 12. marraskuuta 2005 18:32):
> ===================================
> Well, clearly the site is mistaken. It claims to be a
> repository, yet offers only news, RSS feeds, and bug reports.

Livna _is_ a repository, however the rpm.livna.org page isn't an
interface for using the repository. As the "usability
assessment" starts from completely wrong assumptions, the
conclusions are wrong as well.

> I would think that the #1 goal of a user visiting this site is
> to download stuff, so they will be looking for a downloads
> section, or a bunch of file icons, or hyperlinks to files.

Perhaps the front page should make more clear that the interface
for the repository is yum software running on the user's system,
not the website.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi