FC3 problem... no graphics on what I think is a savage s3?

Kahn Seidl mkseidl at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:53:52 UTC 2005

Ok, so I tried to install fc3 on this laptop, and even before it goto the
media test, it went all crappy.  I first booted with linux nofb, and it
worked, for the media test, but then after that it didnt work.  so, I had to
do

$linux text nofb

And I was able to install it.

ON another note, I tried running auditor, and it worked only in safe mode.
Where it booted into X.  so, I am assuming it uses a generic Vesa driver?
Dunno, but X worked fine then.

so, here is what I am thinking now...   I can get fedora to boot up in run
level 3.  But I cant remember where the conf file was to change what driver
it loads?  Or , am I in the right direction?  can anybody make any
suggestions?

This laptop is a little on the older side and actually has a 1.2ghz via
processor.

Thanks,
Martin