Custom rules for spamassasin?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Nov 13 17:48:22 UTC 2005

Craig McLean wrote:

> Andy Pieters wrote:
>
>>>Hi List
>>>
>>>We are getting quite some spam from japan and spamassassin doesn't consider it
>>>as spam.
>

> [snip]
> This probably belongs on spamassassin-users. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MailingLists for more info on
> subscriptions and searchable archives.
>
> They are a very helpful bunch, and will probably be able to point you at
> a SARE rule which does the trick if the stock rules aren't firing.

Perhaps in this case a better solution is that his MTA should be
configured to reject any mail coming in with a HELO name that is not
true (ie, your mailserver external hostname or IP).  Every single mail
like that is evil, and rejecting them will nuke a large fraction of his
virus and spam load without even troubling spamassasin.

-Andy