unexpected DNS look ups being logged

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 13 22:33:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I see things reported in logwatch that I don't expect.  For instance,
named reports resolving addresses that are part of spams I'm receiving.
However, I'm not using spam filtering, I'm not loading HTML with images
that might contain web bugs (and these spams were plain text, anyway),
so I didn't expect Evolution to go checking on the addresses.

Anybody else see the same thing, or can explain it?

Thanks.
I read messages from the public lists.