video convert AVI <=> wmv

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Tue Nov 15 03:02:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 20:28 -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
> Perhaps you can make heads or tails of this.  It looks to me as
> though it converted from *.mov to *.avi . Not exactly what I'd
> expected but there was clearly *some* conversion going on.

Quicktime (mov) and avi are mere container formats, not video stream
formats. Both can accommodate a variety of media streams. I suppose
mencoder took the video stream from the mov file and put it into an avi
container. It looks like the "video" in your case is just a sequence of
jpeg images.

Cheers
Steffen.