Printer configuration help request

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 05:43:02 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 11/14/05, John Wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Kam Leo wrote:

>>>Try turning off the cups-config-deamon service.
>>>

>>Thanks for the reply, but I don't run the cups-config-daemon.
>>
>>It looks like something (hald ?) is running the redhat printer
>>configuration tool. My printer config file gets modified when the system
>>boots. I don't start cups or the hplip drivers when the system boots,
>>I run them whenever I want to print something (about once a month).
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>John
>>

> If you say so; however, I would verify that the deamon is not started by
> default for runlevels 3-5..

Like I said, I don't run cups or the cups-config-deamon at startup

# chkconfig --list | grep cups
cups            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
cups-config-daemon      0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off
6:off

This seems to be a problem with USB hotplug. But I've checked all the
hotplug config files I can find and I don't see any printer stuff.

Thanks,

John