FC4 cannot display chinese charactors in chinese software

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 15 05:13:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 02:39 +0800, yufan wrote:
> when i run a chinese software in fedora 4 it shows me some windows
> without any thing inside or some strange symbols.what's wrong with
> that?it looks like running a chinese software in MS XP without
> eastasia language support,but i have installed the multilanguage
> support pack and my default system language is chinese.

You could try the brute force method:  Install all the different font
RPMs for different languages.

I did that.  I can't read most of those languages, but at least they
display properly (which looks better, and gives me some hint about why I
can't read a particular webpage - there being a language difference, not
a peculiar web authoring fault).

I read messages from the public lists.