dhcpd.config issue? -- domain search order not being sent to clients properly?

Terry Polzin fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 16 16:05:41 UTC 2005

Group:

I have a FC3 machine serving DNS & DHCP to FC, RHEL, M$-XP, and M$-w2K
clients.

The resolv.conf of the linux machines states the domain serrch order correctly
for our internal DNS environment and can resolve internal hosts.

The M$-XP machines appear to receive the search the search order but cannot
resolve internal hosts.

The M$-w2k machines no not appear to receive the search the search order and
of course cannot resolve internal hosts.

Am I dealing with a M$ feature or a dhcpd.conf issue?

dhcpd.conf:

option domain-name "xxx.com yyy.xxx.com zzz.xxx.com";