Installing HP 4255 Printer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:20:10 UTC 2005

I'm getting ready to enjoy my new HP 4255. On HP's website
(http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/install.php#fedora_env) , I am
informed that I must install some software via yum, namely cups-devel,
python-devel, and PyQt. Here is what I get:

[root at localhost ~]# yum install cups-devel
Setting up Install Process
...snipped
Added 133 new packages, deleted 50 old in 16.83 seconds
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root at localhost ~]# yum install python-devel
Setting up Install Process
...snipped
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root at localhost ~]# yum install PyQt
Setting up Install Process
...snipped
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root at localhost ~]#

Why is nothing installing? Also, I am informed that for Fedora C4, you
must disable SELinux protection for cupsd. Under "Security Level
Configuration", select SELinux tab, click
"SELinux Service Protection", then check "Disable SELinux protection
for cupsd daemon".

However, when I click it nothing happens. The box does not get a V
mark in it. How can I change this setting, then?

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/459/springsteen_bruce.php
Springsteen, Bruce Song Lyrics and Biography