Livna Usability Assessment (Was: Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness)

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Wed Nov 16 23:53:16 UTC 2005

At 5:15 PM -0600 11/16/05, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> At 11:29 AM -0600 11/16/05, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> >If you make the livna site seem technically different from the core
>> >and extras repositories (a) it won't work because livna doesn't
>> >duplicate things from those repositories that it needs for
>> >dependencies, and (b) the users will be misled if they understand
>> >it at all.
>>
>> Livna presently /is/ technically different from the Fedora Core and Extra's
>> repositories, in that it lacks any directions or a web interface to the
>> repository.  If Livna were to copy what Fedora does at
>> <http://fedora.redhat.com/download/> the problem would be solved.
>
>I'm missing something... I see nothing at all on that page that
>would work or be relevant for livna.

You sure are missing something.  The entire page and the pages it links to
are what Livna lacks.  What Livna needs to do is copy that page and the
pages it links to, changing Fedora to Livna and changing the links and
filling in the blanks.

Or perhaps you think that Fedora doesn't need that page, and that it should
be deleted so it looks like Livna?