Request of yum.conf

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 07:41:29 UTC 2005

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Would some one tell me where can I get the yum.conf which contain all respo ?

*All* repos?

Ain't no such creature. Most repos out there are third-party, most (?)
include stuff that Red Hat's lawyers find dodgy, so Fedora can't / won't
provide a centralised list.

Many of them are *not* designed to play nicely together:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/RepositoryMixingProblems . Just
enabling everything and expecting it to work is, unfortunately, being
too naïve.

Please note, too, that these days a "monolithic" yum.conf is considered
old-fashioned.

But you could do worse than starting with
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall."
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- Tom De Mulder