Request of yum.conf

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 07:45:07 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 20:36, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would some one tell me where can I get the yum.conf which contain all respo
> ?
>
> Thanks..
>
> Wong Kwok Hon

Hi Wong,

The repos don't normally go in /etc/yum.conf but in /etc/yum.repos.d.

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo
[extras]
name=Fedora Extras $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
gpgcheck=1

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-devel.repo
[development]
# These packages are untested and still under development. This
# repository is used for updates to test releases, and for
# development of new releases.
#
# This repository can see significant daily turn over and can see major
# functionality changes which cause unexpected problems with other
# development packages. Please use these packages if you want to work
# with the Fedora developers by testing these new development packages.
#
# fedora-test-list at redhat.com is available as a discussion forum for
# testing and troubleshooting for development packages in conjunction
# with new test releases.
#
# fedora-devel-list at redhat.com is available as a discussion forum for
# testing and troubleshooting for development packages in conjunction
# with developing new releases.
#
# Reportable issues should be filed at bugzilla.redhat.com
# Product: Fedora Core
# Version: devel
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

HTH,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor