FC4 Installation problem solved!

Scott N. Blackman snblackman at dodo.com.au
Fri Nov 18 01:16:05 UTC 2005

I have solved the issues.  But just have to on the network connection
now. Have not had time to post my finings to the fedora list.  As I have
bening dwing University exams.

But anyway are running the latest bios?  If so you can use SATA in
enhanced mode.
If  you are using an older bios you have to set SATA in compatible mode
and disable the ITE8211F controller.  My optical  drives are on the
PRI_IDE connectors on the side of the mother broad. SATA dives are
configured differently depending on if SATA are set in enhance mode or
compatible mode.  In enhanced mode I used SATA connectors SATA1 and
SATAT2. but for compatible mode I had to use connectors SATA2 and SATA3.

Scott