Installation of Fedora Core 4

Justin Zygmont jzygmont at solarflow.net
Fri Nov 18 05:50:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 14:29 -0800, Solomon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to this list and I am trying to install FD4 but I receive one
>> error after another, this one says ÿÿerror occurred trying to format
>> VolGroup00/LogVol00ÿÿ.  Could someone please assist?
>>
>> Solomon
>
> This _could_ be a problem with the kernel, if so you might try to
> download the updated unofficial FC4.2 isos from:
> http://fedora.isphuset.no
> They are known to resolve several installation issues stemming from
> driver/kernel bugs or needed workarounds.

I don't know how anyone can even install core 4, whenever I try to
use NFS or harddrive install, and select
custom packages with over 2GB packages selected, the installer starts to
proceed, then aborts - caught signal 15 exiting immediately, or just
reboots without any error message at all.  I tried on different computers,
and even with the core 4.2 isos, and still.  I can't locate what the
problem is.  Has anyone else noticed this at all?