uol.com.br is now banned from this list

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Nov 18 08:55:42 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 23:53, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
>On 11/17/05, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>> James Wilkinson wrote:
>> >
>> > Note that there is still a petsupermarket at uol.com.br subscribed to
>> > the list (maybe under a different address) and sending
>> > "confirmation" e-mails.
>> >
>> > Actually, it just sent me *four* confirmation e-mails, so I imagine
>> > that the twit's been wondering why he isn't getting any of his
>> > Fedora list e-mails, and has tried resubscribing multiple times.
>> >
>> > James (editing his .procmailrc)
>>
>> It seems to be even stupider than this.  If you don't respond to the
>> uol.com.br bounce, it re-sends it every 2 hours.  This is some
>> horribly broken stupidity for a lage ISP.  I wonder of our IS folks
>> would mind just blacklisting the entire domain at the SMTP level...
>
>But I found that the .br site sending me email for 4 hours with 15mins
> interval
>
>Wong Kwok Hon

We may be getting somewhere with this.  Its harrassing the debian list
too, and one customer of this ISP suggested we in turn harrass a regular
list of addresses, so I'm forwarding everything I get to:
abuse at uol.com.br, uol at uol.com.br, security at uol.com.br,
mail-abuse at cert.br

Just for effects mind you, and I'm adding a header line X-Clueless Twit
with a value of SPAMMER :)

As usual though, no response.  Warrens actions seems to have pretty
well slowed the flood here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)