OOo Writer Q

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 10:57:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

Two quick questions.

First is a long standing annoyance for OOo and MS Office. How on earth
do I get it to correctly default to the systems locale for both the
correct language and dictionary?

I know if I go through tools->options->language settings I can set the
default to en_GB, but the default language for the dictionary is en_US
which is a bit daft IMHO.

Second, I know if I type ALT + (say) 129 under MS Office I can get the
German B (looks like %BETA in the formula editor). Is there anyway I can
do this under OOo and then keep it as an icon on the same bar as my
other fonty things? I know it can be done, but can't remember how to do
it.

TIA

TTFN

Paul
--
"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx
"Mmmmmm, mass opiates...." - Homer Simpson