open folders when FC4 starts

David King dave at daveking.com
Fri Nov 18 15:14:08 UTC 2005

JOAO PAULO PIRES wrote:
> When CF4 starts, I get two opena folders.
> How can I close them?

You didn't say what desktop you are using but this same thing has
happened to me using KDE on FC4.  By default KDE saves the state of my
desktop at logout and restores it again at login.  This includes open
folders, running applications, etc.  Doing a direct system shutdown or
reboot without logging out does not save the desktop so I keep getting
the same stuff restarted over and over until I do an actual logout.

In KDE the Control Panel -> KDE Components -> Session Manager appears to
be meant to control this behavior but I'm not sure that it is always
effective.

The other thing to check would be your ~/.kde/Autostart folder to make
sure those folders aren't starting out of there.

I'm not a Gnome user so I can't speak to that but you'd probably want to
look at similar issues if you use that desktop.

--
David King
dave at daveking.com