Problem with /etc/init.d/ldap?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Nov 18 18:43:48 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I have finally managed
to get LDAP to work but when getting SASL/GSSAPI to work,
there *seems* to be a problem with getting this to work properly
with the /etc/init.d/ldap script.

As I reported eariler in a thread, that there was a missing '$' for
the klist execution and I am beginning to wonder that whomever
did the script - may have also broken it for kerberos or specifically
for the KRB5_KTNAME when specifying a keytab other than the
default at /etc/krb5.keytab.

Since for LDAP, I am using a different keytab at /etc/openldap/ldap.keytab,
I have added the KRB5_KTNAME variable to the /etc/sysconfig/ldap file,
which to note, does not exists as a default file, which is not a big deal.

I did check to see if the KRB5_KTNAME variable was slurped into the
/etc/init.d/ldap script and so far it appears to be there all the way through
to the exec command - so I cannot see why the exec in the script does
not allow ldap/SASL to work the same manner that I run manually from
the command line as root user, which works.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on in the
off-chance that I am doing something wrong? :-)

Thanks!
Dan