can FC4 write a boot block to a SATA drive?

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Fri Nov 18 21:55:05 UTC 2005

Im back to trying to install Fedora on a machine with an Intel 945
motherboard.  This is a new motherboard (chipset), and anything
less than FC4 doesnt know about the SATA controller on this board.

Now I get a clean install, but when I try to boot, there doesnt
seem to be a boot block (I get the message 'insert a boot disk')

So, is this a known problem?  FC4 seems to be able to write to this
disk, and fdisk was able to format it, is there a possibility that
FC4 cant write a (usable) boot block?

Puzzled, and not sure what to try next (OK I can add a non-SATA disk
but that seems like a waste)

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com