NdisWrapper nearly working - was madwifi ath_pci config problems on Sony Vaio

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 01:08:10 UTC 2005

> > This makes some sense, but here's some discrepency here.  Based on what
> > you say I'd expect the AP to specify 64-bit/128 bit or 40-bit/104-bit.
> >
> > However, to confuse things, it specifies eiher 40-bit or 128-bit
>
> > I've tried choosing 40-bit and setting a 40-bit key (as hex and as
> > ASCII) but it still doesn't work.

I have a DI524 and regularly 4 wired, 3 wireless devices.  Two of my
wired devices are on a 4 port switch and uplinked to the DI524 and all
exist on the 192.168.0.0 subnet.  I routinely ping, ssh, & nfs to all
of the machines.

If you have the DI524 I would like to know the hardware revision and
firmware version you have, as I have found a reported a bug to the
D-Link tech-support.  When on the Wireless setup page and choosing the
wep encryption the save button has no function from Firefox on Fedora,
but I.E. running under wine will make the button do something.  Every
other button on every page works except that one.

John