Installing HP 4255 Printer

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Nov 19 02:53:47 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 04:32 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/19/05, david walcroft <david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Yes you need to install HPLIP,do not install HPOJ it conflicts with
> > HPLIP,use the http://localhost:631/printers to config CUPS - NOT
> > system-config-printers.Then  you can use 'hp-check' and others.
> > I do not know how to disable Selinux for a single  file.
> >
> >    david
> >

> Thanks. I will head on over to the selinux list archives for that
> (google didn't help much). It might not be a bad idea for me to stay
> subscribed to that list as well.
----
probably...you could also install audit2allow and then probably use that
to create the rules to allow what is now being denied. That's still
something that I don't quite understand. The list is low volume though
----

> OT question: how does that localhost:631 work when httpd is shut down?
----
html doesn't have to be served by apache...especially if it is of
limited purpose, you could do it with perl, c or whatever
----
> Could I access, say, 192.117.111.62:631 when I am away?
----
by default/design, cups admin is ineffective unless you running from
localhost - for what should be obvious reasons.

Craig

believed to be clean.