Installing HP 4255 Printer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:21:05 UTC 2005

On 11/19/05, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> david walcroft:
>
> >> Yes you need to install HPLIP,do not install HPOJ it conflicts with
> >> HPLIP,use the http://localhost:631/printers to config CUPS - NOT
> >> system-config-printers.Then  you can use 'hp-check' and others.
> >> I do not know how to disable Selinux for a single  file.
>
> The security level configuration GUI gives you options for disabling
> SELinux interaction with specific services.  There's probably one there
> for CUPS.
>
> Dotan Cohen:
>
> > OT question: how does that localhost:631 work when httpd is shut down?
> > Could I access, say, 192.117.111.62:631 when I am away?
>
> CUPS has its own HTTPD server running on port 631, it doesn't use
> Apache.
>
> You'll need to change the CUPS configuration, though, to allow anything
> other than 127.0.0.1 access.

Thanks. I opened the Security Level GUI, and I see the option for
disabling individual services. However, I cannot check any of them.
The V mark does not appear when I click on them. In addition, I do
prefer to edit config files manually, to learn. Usually, google is
enough to figure these out on my own. But in this case, I'm stumped.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/153/def_leppard.php
Def Leppard Song Lyrics and Biography