Installing HP 4255 Printer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 16:36:53 UTC 2005

On 11/19/05, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 14:21 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I opened the Security Level GUI, and I see the option for
> > disabling individual services. However, I cannot check any of them.
> > The V mark does not appear when I click on them.
>
> I think that's how it behaves when SELinux is disabled, overall.
>
> > In addition, I do prefer to edit config files manually, to learn.
>
> I would, too.  Though I've also found SELinux documentation to be less
> than adequate to attempt configuring something manually.
>
> Likewise for SELinux-related things.  For instance, the audit.log is
> just gibberish, to me.  I can't look at it and see that something
> happened at a particular time (like the messages log file), and the
> content of some entries gives no clue as to what it means.
>
> For example:
>
> type=SOCKETCALL msg=audit(1123685491.877:78): nargs=6 a0=4 a1=bf8ce47c a2=10 a3=0 a4=bf8d0618 a5=c
> type=CONFIG_CHANGE msg=audit(1123685491.878:83): audit_backlog_limit=256 old=64 by auid=4294967295
>
> I can't even guess at what they might refer to.

Agreed! That is why I started asking here- I just cant get through
that stuff on my own. At least not only to myself it is a mystery...

I do not wan t to disable it, but if un-userfriendliness could be
considered a bug (or is it a feature?), then it is buggy. I dare to
use the definition bug because it:
1) Prevents the service from doing what it is supposed to do (if I
cant use it then it is disabled and therefore not protecting me)
2) Was not the obvious intention of the programmer who created it.

But I'd be better off expressing that on the SELinux lists. Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/51/backstreet_boys.php
The Backstreet Boys Song Lyrics and Biography