Starting a VPN connection

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 23:39:30 UTC 2005

On 11/19/05, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The above link seems to be dead. Anyway, if the VPN connection is to
> > be based on ppp, then the best option is perhaps pptpclient:
> >
> > http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/
>
> They allow connections by pptp and by l2tp. I just checked that link
> and it is still active. I may be blocked from outside Israel, though.
>
> The real problem is that the instructions are hand-holding through the
> windows wizards. So they don't contain too much technical detail.

Well, if it allows pptp connections, then install pptp client,
following the HOWTO for Fedora at the site indicated above. After pptp
client is installed, you do not need many details but your
username/password and the IP of the VPN server. Then, you select the
options "all traffic to the tunnel" and "require MPPE". And, that's
all!

Paul