dosemu?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Nov 20 15:25:59 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:53 AM +0200 Gilboa Davara
<gilboada at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> Umm... First, I doubt that you'll be able to flash the BIOS from DOSEMU.
> Being a user mode application, with no kernel support, I can't see how a
> user-land application can access the BIOS.

Right. I was hoping I could install the FreeDOS boot files to my USB key
from dosemu. I can then boot the key with the vendor-supplied DOS flash
utility.

> Second, AFAIK DOSEMU doesn't build on x86-64, only on i386/i686.
> Try passing --target=i686 instead.

Ok, fortunately I have both i386 an x86_64 boot partitions. I've rebooted
to the i386 partition to build it. I've also switched from the 1.2 "stable"
tree (deprecated on the devel list) to the 1.3 development tree. I've run
into a different build issue and I see someone else has also encountered it
on the dosemu-devel mailing list.