Issue with Printing

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 21:02:36 UTC 2005

Solomon wrote:
> I am new to FC4.  I am having an issue that I think was posted a while ago.
> This is has to do with printing on an HP LaserJet 5M.  The computer sees the
> printer; the job goes to the queue, says its processing then disappears.
> Can someone shed some light?

Parallel port or network? (I don't think HP made a USB version of that
printer).

I can't remember: does it have a front panel display (that can display
words)? Does that say anything different? If not, do the LEDs flash?

Is it a dual boot machine: have you tried printing under Windows? Can
you print from any other machines?

The Laserjet is as standard as they come: you shouldn't have any
problems printing.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "This was, apparently, beyond her ken. So far beyond
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | her ken that she was well into barbie territory."