SSh dlink forwarding

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 21 11:23:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 00:43 -0500, Franck Y wrote:
> Bob,
> Does it work with you.?
> THe computer where i m tring it this hs no firewall, i just trying write now...
> I pretty sure of the configuration....
> I m gonna check on this again...
>
> Franck
>
> On 11/19/05, Bob Chiodini <rchiodin at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 06:40 -0500, Franck Y wrote:
> > > Hello fellows,
> > > Ok here is my problem !
> > > I don't have a static Ip so i bought a domain for tzo.
> > >
> > > I use ssh to access to my computer so i use putty and i set the router
> > > to forward the public port 22 forward to private port 22.
> > > Like this everything is correct.
> > > But for security reason i change the public port 52552 to  forward to
> > > private port 22.
> > > And know i have a connection refused.
> > > Can you tell me where i have to modify something
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Franck
> > >

> > Franck,
> >
> > I've got a DI-624, maybe you have to add a new virtual server to specify
> > the public and private ports and enable the public port in firewall
> > section.
> >
> > Bob...
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> Franck

Franck,

I did a successful test with my Dlink 624:

I added a new virtual server called New SSH that redirected WAN traffic
on port 52552 to LAN port 22 on my linux host.  On the 624 this
automatically added an entry to the firewall table allowing port 52552
in from the WAN.  I guess if you want to restrict port 52552 to certain
IP addresses you will need to create the firewall entry first.  That's
assuming the dlink is smart enough to recognize that.

I did not notice which dlink model you have, but if there is a problem
with this kind of setup, contact dlink.

I hope this helps

Bob...