Can't start Eclipse in FC4 (newbie)

Song Hao mousesh360 at sohu.com
Mon Nov 21 11:01:02 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I've just installed FC4 on my computer. But I can't start Native
Eclipse. The splash screen shows up normally. But when the welcome
screen comes out, FC hangs immediately, I can't move the mouse cursor,
and my computer stops responding to keyboard input (hitting caps-lock
doesn't toggle the LED) either and I have to reboot my computer. I tried
one from eclipse.org, but it doesn't work either. I've tried on both KDE
and GNOME several times, but failed every time.
I'm currently running FC4-i386 on my AMD64 desktop PC.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance