PCMCIA -- System hangs! (also with SuSE, Kubuntu and Knoppix)

Johan van der Meer johanvandermeer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:01:48 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Everytime when my system (Acer Aspire 1692) starts up, it completely
hangs (not even the mouse works anymore), unless I do a 'manual', or
'safe' startup, and disable the PCMCIA services. Does this seem
familiar to anyone?

FC3 didn't seem to have this problem, btw..

Does anyone have some pointers as to a course of action of fixing this problem?

I guess I need to find the type of PCMCIA card: Texas Instruments PCI
xx21/x151 Cardbus Controller. But then what do I need to do?

Cheers,
Johan

--
J.N. van der Meer, PhD-student