Getting apt-rpm

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Nov 21 14:24:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 09:15:11PM -0800, peter wu wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
>  I am trying to install apt-rpm on FC4.
>
>  I tried a couple of methods.
>
>  (1) When I tried apt-0.5.5cnc6-fr1.i386.rpm, I get the following error msg.
Look I don't want to be mean. You have been having a hard time in the
last few weeks with FC4. Why are you trying to give yourself more
trouble. In FC4 updating rpms is done by yum. Why are you making
things hard for yourself and trying to use apt-get which is the
Debian updating tool?

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and
not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could
have materialized -- and never knowing.
		-- David Viscott
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science