Starting a VPN connection

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Nov 21 15:03:30 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: Starting a VPN connection
>
> On 11/20/05, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I do not know where from you can get the keys, but it is safe to
> > install them without keys.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> I installed without the keys. No biggie.
>
> I can't figure out how to get it to authorize with MS-CHAP. I have
> checked "Require Microsoft point-to-point Encryption" under the
> encryption menu. This is the output:
>
> Using interface ppp1pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp1
> Connect: ppp1 <--> /dev/pts/2
> Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group
access
> Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group
access
> PAP authentication succeeded
> MPPE required, but MS-CHAP[v2] auth not performed.
> Connection terminated.
> pptpconfig: pppd process terminated by signal 10 (failed)
> pptpconfig: SIGUSR1
>
> I'm sorry to ask for the hand-holding. There just doesn't seem to be
> any information on this available. When I get this working, I'll piece
> together a howto on the subject. In the meantime, how do I get it to
> authenticate with MS-CRAP?
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/19/adams_bryan.php
> Adams, Bryan Song Lyrics and Biography
 [Timothy A. Holmes]

When you get the How To done -- please post it here, or at least a link,
I am struggling through similar issues with another distro (UBUNTU), and
I can translate between the two, but I need the background to start with

TIM

 Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11