Installing a newer version of gcc

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Nov 21 16:06:28 UTC 2005

Mark Jordan wrote:
> yum kept failing with " no mirrors available" or something.

This is usually indicative of either a problem with your yum
configuration, your Internet connection, or (rarely) the Fedora
repositories.

> I assumed
> this meant that the servers were down so i went onto the quanta+
> website. I'm going to try again later but i thought id try building
> it.  Sorry if i'ev taken up time - i have heard that this is a fairly
> common problem and solving it will almost certaily save time later.

If you're having trouble with yum, you should still be able to find a
kdewebdev RPM on your install media and be able to install that.

# rpm -Uvh kdewebdev-3.4.0-3.i386.rpm

P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list.

Paul.