Core3 locks up on Scroll-Lock (older Proliant 1850 box)

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Mon Nov 21 20:57:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a brand new Core3 system installed on an old Compaq Proliant 1815R - I used to have a RedHat system (don't remember the
version, but it was before 8) on there that I wiped and replaced with the Core 3. I had to specify some parameters like "ide=nodma
nousb nofirewire apm=off pcmcia=off" to get the thing to run without problems.

I used a 2-port KVM to switch between that machine and my Windows box; the kind that switches when you press Scroll-Lock twice. That
worked fine with the redhat system, but now on Core3, the box freezes on me when I press "Scroll-Lock". I first thought it was a
problem with the KVM, but it still happens even when I plug the keyboard (PS/2 btw.) in directly.

The machine is running as a server in text-only mode, without X.

Since it worked fine under Redhat I expect that there is some switch/configuration that should fix this problem?

Thanks,

MARK